- Social media is one of the foremost communications platforms in the digital age. Therefore, marketing in this sort of thing is as ordinary as seeing trees in the forest. Which begs the question, how do you effectively market your service or business with all the competitors that are scattered all around the social media world?
- The simplest answer is to have a social media marketing plan and strategy to promote your page. But you could also, avail a social media marketing service from a provider, if you don’t know anything about marketing plans and strategies related to social media. They will, then, do your social media marketing for you, which in turn, gives you more time to focus on something else.
- Social media marketing services is a market that’s booming in today’s digital age. This means that you won’t have any trouble finding the right provider for you! This kind of business is so widespread that most countries have it. You can even find a social media marketing agency in the Philippines that will cater to your tastes and will keep up to your standards.
- Social media is such a diverse field that 90% of marketers would tell you that the main platform they use for marketing businesses is through social media. Sales agents use it to increase their sales and even reach their quotas. A big part of marketing’s success in social media is due to the abundance of tools and data that marketers use to their advantage.
- Availing the service of a social media marketing provider is not a bad idea, especially if you want to give more focus on other marketing strategies in your company. However, learning how to conduct your own social media marketing strategy should also be given priority. Thankfully, there are some tips you can incorporate to your strategy. Here are 8 of them:
Determine Your Objectives
- The most important thing you should start with is to ask yourself a series of questions that’s related to your marketing strategy, especially if you’re going to avail a service of social media marketing. An example of this question is: why you should invest your time, energy, and resources into marketing through social media?
- When you finally have an answer for this, assign it as your driving force that will encourage you to continue using social media as a marketing platform. It is important for you to remember that using social media marketing service without a drive will eventually tire and exhaust you, resulting to stop and give up.
- Moreover, you need to take note that there are numerous people, who uses social media for their personal gains; they could make or break your social media strategy. These individuals can be as mean spirited as they can be to try to destroy your business prospects over various social media platforms. This is why you must always keep your drive and motivations at the forefront of your mind—they can generally lead to you having a successful marketing endeavor.
- Here’s a list of objectives most marketers use to provide you some clue:
- – Boost the brand’s popularity
- – Increase sales
- – Obtain potential leads
- – Create a community that supports your brand
These are some of the most common objectives that come to mind. However, if you have a different objective in mind, then you can also focus on that
Decide On a Platform
- Once you have your objectives in mind, it’s time to decide which platform you’re going to use for your marketing scheme. But you must never forget to consider items, such as the time you are going to spend on each social media platform (if you are going to use more than one), the resources needed on a particular platform, and the target audience on the social media platform(s) you plan to use.
- Familiarize yourself with the different social media platforms you can use on your marketing strategy. Here are some of them:
- It’s the most popular social media platform. It has garnered almost 1.79 billion users from around the world and has accumulated 1.66 billion active mobile-platform users. It has 70% of the US’ adult population; it also has an even distribution of different demographics.
- Twitter is the fourth most used social media platform. It has over 20 million monthly users. It delivers over 1 million visitors to websites that has their links scattered around the “twitterverse.”
- Instagram’s demographic is leaning towards the younger demographic in the world. It has over 400 million active monthly users, which boasts its engagement rate of 4.21%—far exceeding other platforms.
- Google+ has over 2.2 billion profiles. However, only 4 million users are active. It’s also important to note that its users are predominantly male, which are mostly coming from the technical or engineering field.
- It has 414 million users worldwide and 79% of its users are 35 years old or older.
- A total of 30% teenagers regard Snapchat as the most important social media platform. The 85% of its users are aged between 13 and 34, and 7 out of 10 of its users are considered millennials. There is a survey, which concluded that 60% of college students are more likely to buy a brand if they received its coupon on Snapchat
Enhance Your Profiles and Pages
- Always remember that your social media accounts/pages are extensions of your website—even of yourself. This is why you should always maintain a clean and useful social media page. Remember you are responsible for you and your website’s reputation.
- Here are some of the things that you should enhance in regards to your social media pages:
- Revamp your profile and cover pictures
- Pin some of your best content or limited promotions on the top of your page
- Customize your social media URLs
- Always provide complete company information
Boost Your Followers
- Have you ever wondered why most donation boxes always have something inside of them even if it’s the start of the day? This is to encourage people to give because it makes them think that they’re missing out. It’s the same with your social media pages, the more likes or followers you have, the more likely people will follow or like your page. That’s why it’s important to obtain good reviews and testimonials because if you have bad reviews, people will immediately have a bad point-of-view of you.
Research Your Competition
- No, this is not cheating. When you research your competition, you’ll be made aware of their current activity, and you’ll also know the different strategies they’re using which you can also integrate into your own strategy. By researching your top 5 competitors, you should know which social media platform they tend to use, and take note of their posting frequency. Only by knowing your competitors, you can perfect the strategy you’re going to use.
Integration of Different Departments
- Obviously, social media marketing is reserved for the marketing department of your company. But, what most people often forget is that your social media account or pages can be used by the different departments in your company!
- Here are some ideas you can use to encourage participation in the different departments in your organization:
- Social selling is a term that has been around approximately at the same time with the rise of social marketing. By having an effective social media account, you can use it to promote sales or services that wouldn’t have otherwise worked when disseminated through traditional channels. Also, being engaging and authentic on various social media platforms in some degrees can help you increase your sales rates and possibly help your company gain new clients.
- It’s common for the marketing department to manage the social media accounts and pages of a certain company. But what they often forget is that when interacting with a customer, the best way to go about it is to let the customer service department interact with them. Why? First, because it’s their job and they already have a grasp on what the right way is when interacting with a customer. Second, they’re the ones who know the dos and don’ts when talking with a customer. By letting your customer service department handle interactions with people, you’ll have a higher chance of retaining customers. Plus, there’s also a possibility that you’ll gain more customers if the engagement is worthwhile.
- Oftentimes, the human resources department is responsible for finding applicants, who are interested in joining a company’s entire brand and business. Thanks to the digital age, human resources personnel can manage their company’s social media accounts and pages to look for applicants. By doing this, they can get a higher number of applicants in a shorter amount of time. They can also use different tactics to entice people to join their organization. For instance, they can post and share company activities like family days, company outings, and/or team building activities on Facebook. People, who follow them, could like, comment, and share that given post, which will ultimately result to more people learning about the company.
Research and Development
- For the research and development department, the social media world is a gold mine of data that they can use to further improve a certain product or service. This is particularly because listening and reading customers’ feedback can lead to the research and development team doing the necessary changes they need to retain the customers’ trust and belief to their brand.
- The social media world is where most marketing departments spend their time because it’s where they primarily advertise in. But with enough imagination, the marketing department can also seriously affect the process of spreading news about a new product or service. Essentially, this means that they can use social media to highlight and popularize different products that are just entering the market.
- All these reasons explain why integration of different departments in the company’s social media account or page can impact the whole company in a positive way.
Keep an Eye Out for Business Opportunities
- With social media’s fame only growing bigger, tons of posts or tweets are being sent every hour. This means that there is a high possibility that your brand is being talked about. Monitoring each social media platform should be a skill you should master to help your social media marketing strategy and even turn it into a social media marketing service.
- However, there is one aspect you should carefully consider in your social media marketing; and that is the brand mentions.
- Brand mentions are the easiest leads for you to take into account. This is particularly because it can easily indicate to you and your company that there are people out there, who are already quite informed about your brand, products, and services. This is the perfect time for you to foster their interest by engaging with them. Try to show them your stellar customer relations and help them with their complaints and problems.
Choosing the Right Social Media Marketing Service Provider
- Choosing the right social media marketing service provider is often a hassle for most companies but in Sigil, we offer you one of the best in social and digital marketing agencies in the Philippines! Sigil is an all-in-one company that can bring your ideas into reality!
- We pride ourselves in our skill to combine digital artistry and online marketing. We can provide you with an array of services that you can’t find anywhere else! From writing to videography—even SEO—we have all of that! We assure our clients that we can bring them quality products and services through the collaboration of our team of experts that handle everything in accordance to our client’s tastes and wants! We maximize everything we have to provide clients with products that have state-of-the-art aesthetic visuals while maintaining the brand’s commercial value!
- In Sigil, you only have to give us the idea and our team of experts will give you want you want, and even more! Because in Sigil, we aim to bring your vision into life, our team of professionals work tirelessly to produce superior quality product that seamlessly integrates creative content and online marketing.
- Sigil also believes that creating an output that is marketable is not the end of the line. We aim to create attention-catching advertisements the audience will love and enjoy! We, as a company, revolve around the idea that quality content and effective marketing can bring a client’s business into the forefront of the audience’s minds, which will enable our clients to reach their target market and even find potential leads!
- Interested? You can contact us here.